• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

New chapter of AAW being formed

The Upper Peninsula of Michigan does not yet have an AAW chapter, but this hopefully will soon change. Several of us are getting together on Feb 13 at Bell Forest Products in Ishpeming. We have a preliminary set of bylaws and hope to have an official chapter soon. All UP woodturners are welcome along with anyone else with an interest. Our goal will be to share our expierience with each other and eventually be able to have demonstrations put on by our members or outside experts. We are pretty excited and look forward to seeing alll who want to come and be apart of the new woodturnuing club. Any one with questions may contact me by e-mail at the address below.

jmarchimes@charter.net[/email].

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
Marc If you don't mind I'll post this on Woodcentral and Wow to see if we can get you few more members.

Max Taylor

In Memoriam
new chapter

HIP HIP HOORAY, congratulations on forming a new chapter. Now the fun and friendship really begins. From a member of the North Texas Woodturners in Ft. Worth Tx. Max

John, please go ahead and post it with our thanks. Max, you hit the nail on the head. We are looking forward to having fun and learning. I tell people that wood turning is just a hobby and I don't think I could do it for more than 70 hours a week, as I still have my day job. It will be fun to share styles, techniques and tips. Now if we can just find a used lathe for club demonstrations.
Happy turning.

John, about a 2000 mile commute for me so I probably won't be to your meetings. But I do sincerely wish you the best of luck. It is about a 120 mile round trip for my local club, but I do love to attend. I love this forum for exchanging information but it's not the same as looking, feeling, and touching during demos. Plus sharing a cup of coffee and then lunch after the meeting is much better in person than on line :cool2:

Woodwish, you have quite a ways to trravel and you still love it. In the Upper Peninsula there are potential members over a hundred miles away and I hope we can have the good fortune to see them once in awhile. We will have to see what times work out the best to allow for everyones schedule and time for a good meeting.
Thanks to all for your encouraging replies.

Back