• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Need your advice

My turning club is considering the purchase of the first year of Woodturning Workshop from RSU Public Television with host Tim Yoder. My local Public TV station does not carry this program, therefore, I would like those of you lucky enough to have seen it to chime in and tell me if you think it is worth spending $260.00 + $10.00 shipping for the 26 episodes. I realize that is only a little over $10.00 per episode, but our club is only in its 3rd year and our treasury is not large.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I also curious since we don't get it locally either. Anybody out there ever seen this show? We also are a relatively new club and hate to spend almost $300 if it's not that great. It may be wonderful, just haven't ever seen it to say one way or another.

Website
www.ralphandellen.us
See the same thread over on Woodnet
I have seen the entire series, it's not bad. I am currently recording the 2nd airing (allowed under federal law, for my personal use).
Other presenters are good, maybe better, but on a per DVD basis, they are quite affordable.

Website
turnedbygeorge.com
windsors said:
I have see this show and I agree its OK. It seems its for beginners but, we were all beginners once.
I gotta say, I think I know some stuff now, but STILL like to attend beginner's level demos and I literally watched Nick Cook's DVD till I wore it out. It's the same as watching a movie for me... I see something new each time, and in this case, that sight translates to learning. I (HOPE I) keep getting better.

Back