• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Mystery Tool

I bought this about 5 years ago. I now use it in my Steel Snake Hollowing Tool and other turners are asking where I got it. I need some help, in more ways than I can count, but I really need help in finding these scrapers.
The tip is almost 1/4" thick, swings back and forth when you loosen a hex bolt on the bottom. Shaft is triangular. It's about 6" long and has a 5/8" tendon on one end for inserting into tool holder.
Thanks

Attachments

• 01.28.08 020A.jpg
    01.28.08 020A.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 452
That's it. Thanks for the help. That's what this thing is all about. A little help when you need it.

Website
www.georgetroygraphics.com
Yes I agree Kelton scraper. I have now sold it on Ebay. I did use it on my Daves Reeks Hollowing system. You must have the 7" there is also a 17" shear scraper. Value of your scraper new in the Craft Supplies Catalog of 06/07 was $59.99 for the 7" and $69.99 for the 17"

Back