• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Monthly AAW Board message

Dial in here to read this month's message, from Larry Genender.

(EDIT: Steve attached the file to this message at the request of the forum participants)

Attachments

• AAWnews_10_07.pdf
    110 KB · Views: 23
Last edited by a moderator:
Ed,
Is it technically feasible (and also not a huge hassle) to post it here every month in whatever this regular format is, maybe as a sticky thread? You posted it here a month or two ago at my request, and hope I didn't forget to say "thank you", but might have. If so, belated Thank You.

If there is/are only a few of us with slow computers, slow dial-up connections, and slow ISP service, maybe is not worth the hassle and extra time required for y'all. For me pdf's are incredibly slow, and I don't have that much time left. Now where's that "How to improve the forum--" thread when I need it?

I'm with Richard here. All I get when trying to see the message is a noise out of the computer speaker.:eek: Probably means turning off virus and spam control to view. If you can't post the message on the forum, post the url.
Charlie M

Steve Worcester

Admin Emeritus
Website
www.turningwood.com
It is a PDF file (no audio), which may take a while to download, based on your connection speeds. I have attached the file to Ed's post, and in his defense, it would have exceeded the allowable file size, which I then upped so you can now attach PDFs up to 1 MB.

Last edited:
Back