• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

member login

M

mkart

Anyone know if there was a generic password for the first time logging in to the members only portion of the site? I sat down to renew last minute but have never logged in before. I have tried every email address I have for the "forgot your password" section but none seem to be recognized.

Thanks,
Matt

Matt,

If you have never logged into the members only area, since it stared up last Fall, you'll need to follow the directions it item 2 to secure a first-time-use password:

"2. What if I don't know or don't remember my password?
You can submit your email address using the RED box above. You should then receive your member number/logon and password through that email (usually within 10 -15 minutes). If your email does not match the one we have on file, you will be notified on this screen along with further instructions. (see faq item 3 below). "

If your email address on file at the AAW main office is not up to date, you'll have to follow the directions in item 3:

"3. What if I don't receive the email or my email has changed?
Try your current email in the RED box in the above right area. If the email does not match the one we have on file, you can call the AAW offices at 651 484-9094 and they will help change the email address you have on file. You can then return to this page and enter that email address in the RED box.

Most people receive our email response within 15 minutes. Some mail services are slower. Some email services may reject automated response emails like ours.

We know at this time that if your email is @cox.net, you will most likely not receive our email response. Regardless of your email service, please continue to follow the process described above.

Another possibility is that our mail to you may may be intercepted by your service provider or your email program's junk email filter. If you have a junk email-box or folder - check it for our email containing your password and membership number.

If your email does not arrive within 24 hours, contact the AAW Offices in St. Paul 651 484-9094 so they can provide your password and log on information over the phone."

OR as in my case, the directory has your email close, but not correct. They missed it by one letter. You'll have to call the office anyway in that case. When I plugged that email in, it sent the password to that address. Obviously it's going to bounce...

I just faxed my membership app in today, as I missed the mail run in time to have it postmarked today.:cool2:

Website
www.marleyturned.com
I had the same problem. My email address was wrong.
I kept forgetting to call until after buisness hours.
I sent an email to Inquiries@woodturner.org on January 1st.
On the second, Linda replied that I was set up, and I renewed that night.
On the 5th my card arrived in the mail.

Thank you Linda

Back