• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Lathe Upgrade Discussion/Suggestions and Good Used Lathe?

Website
www.mikesooley.com
Mike, sorry to hear you have had bad experiences with Teknatool. I've been turning on my DVR-XP for 7 years and have had good experiences with their support. (Our club has a DVR-XP also) However fortunately my last need for support was several years ago. Anyway, I think you've got plenty of advise from others here. I'll say hi to your brother when I see him at our next meeting.
Thanks Dave. Yes. I had a DVR XP for 6-7 years before upgrading to the 2024. Up until recently my experience with their support folks has been minimal and mostly OK. This time was the frustrating exception. My 2024 have been dead since February 15 when the fuse exploded. The third set of refurbished boards is now on its way to my home. Hopefully, this will fix it. Support seems to have improved considerably (more consistent follow up and response) since I made a big fuss several weeks ago. BTW - I pick up my new (used) Vicmarc VL 300 on Tuesday! I am rally excited!

Thanks Dave. Yes. I had a DVR XP for 6-7 years before upgrading to the 2024. Up until recently my experience with their support folks has been minimal and mostly OK. This time was the frustrating exception. My 2024 have been dead since February 15 when the fuse exploded. The third set of refurbished boards is now on its way to my home. Hopefully, this will fix it. Support seems to have improved considerably (more consistent follow up and response) since I made a big fuss several weeks ago. BTW - I pick up my new (used) Vicmarc VL 300 on Tuesday! I am rally excited!
Wow that thing looks like a beast. Congrats. Looking forward to pictures.

Back