• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Will Armstrong for "Gold Carved Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 20th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Ken Grunke ornament

Hi Ken,

On halloween of 2004 (I know, I'm 4 years behind the times), you posted a georgeous two level, inside-out Christmas ornament on WOW. In the responces to the ornament you have a url to the documentation, but the link no longer works. It looks like it was linked to your local woodturning club's page. I wondered if you still had this documentation around? I figured I might be able to get to you easier in this forum.

Jim Rutten

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
I was looking for some wood Identification stuff last night and came across one by Ken Grunke. It came up with the same response you got. Hope he's alright. I do have some information on inside out turning and might be able to answer your question or send you some handouts that I use when I teach. Just e-mail me at johnclucas@charter.net

Website
www.token.crwoodturner.com
A while back I changed the file name from "howto.html" to "howto.shtml" -- for techical reasons. I changed all the links on the site but didn't think about any outside links! Oops...

I just made a new "howto.html" with an automatic redirect to "howto.shtml" which will solve that problem. Jim, the actual file you were looking for can also be downloaded direct from here:
http://www.crwoodturner.com/ornaments/ornaments.pdf

Everything is still there, it was just one little letter that screwed things up (and the person at the keyboard ;) )

I have seen John's file also and it is certainly worth looking at.

Back