• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

John Vaeth

Website
www.instagram.com
A lifelong hobbiest woodworker, I have been woodturning for about 5 years (lost a year due to a cross-country move). I started with a Rikon midi lathe but upgraded to a Robust American Beauty after becoming hopelessly addicted to turning. I have been fortunate to study with some really talented artists - John Beaver, Nick Agar, Nick Cook, Stewart Batty, Alan Leland, Michael Gibson, Trent Bosch, etc. and hope to someday have my own distinctive style that will be recognized by others. In the meantime, I have enjoyed merging my other passion, photography, with woodturning. I spent a large portion of my career at Eastman Kodak Company as a studio and location photographer as well as a photographic instructor. Since retirement, I have continued to teach photography (e.g. through Duke University's OLLI program) and developed an IRD specifically for woodturners that has been presented to about 15 different AAW chapters. Attached are a few images from my Instagram page.

Attachments

• untitled-757.jpeg
    untitled-757.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
  • DSC_6745.jpg
    DSC_6745.jpg
    649.3 KB · Views: 23
  • untitled-61.jpeg
    untitled-61.jpeg
    917.4 KB · Views: 25
  • untitled-309.jpeg
    untitled-309.jpeg