• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Website
www.jamesthurman.com
Hello all! My background is in metalsmithing and jewelry but I do a lot of work on my lathe, primarily related to metal spinning. I've done a number of demonstrations, both for my local chapter, the Golden Triangle Woodturners, as well as at SWAT. In addition to the metal spinning work, I also do a fair amount of lathe-turning with a material that I developed, Thurmanite, which is made of layered recycled paper bonded together with a plant-based resin. Feel free to check out http://www.jamesthurman.com/ and http://www.thurmanite.com/ to see my work.JT demo James.jpg 19-0414_composite.jpg

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Welcome aboard, James. I'm a member of the Woodturners of North Texas in Fort Worth. I need to talk to our programs director about getting you to do a program for our club when we get back to something resembling normal. Have you done any live remote demonstrations?

Welcome to the forum, James. You have some very nice pieces of jewelry. Look forward to seeing more of your work.

Welcome. There has been some interest in metal turning. You would be a great source for information.

Website
www.jamesthurman.com
Welcome aboard, James. I'm a member of the Woodturners of North Texas in Fort Worth. I need to talk to our programs director about getting you to do a program for our club when we get back to something resembling normal. Have you done any live remote demonstrations?
I haven't done any live remote demonstrations but I've been teaching entirely online for the past year so I'm pretty comfortable with it. I've been using OBS (Open Broadcast Software) to record my YouTube videos and that works well for streaming as well.

Back