• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

It's official - The Lone Star Woodturners Assoc. is one of AAW's newest chapters!

Website
www.woodturningvideosplus.com
On February 4th, 2008 the AAW granted chapter status to the Lone Star Woodturners Association in The Woodlands, Texas! I was honored to be elected President of the chapter for 2008 – 2009. We have a great set of dedicated officers and directors in place to lead our club for the coming year. In the last few weeks, we have been busy getting everything in place to get the chapter up and running, like getting a club logo, setting up a newsletter, starting to build our club website, discussing locations for meetings, demonstration topics and a hundred other little things…

We will have a club "Open House" meeting on March 29th in The Woodlands, quickly followed by three days of demonstrations at The Woodworking Shows (April 4 – 6th) in the Reliant Centre. If you live in the North Houston/Woodlands Texas area, or any of the surrounding areas in Montgomery, Liberty, Walker, North Waller or San Jacinto counties and would like more information about our club, please email me at: steverussell2436@comcast.net

Our website is still being developed, but there is a short information page up with a link to our first newsletter and a membership application here:

http://www.woodturningvideosplus.com/lswa.html

Happy Birthday to the LSWA!:D:D:D

Lswa

Steve,
Congratulations to you all! Welcome, and may all your problems be little ones!
KurtB
Kurt Bird
President
Stateline Woodturners
NW Arkansas:D:D

Website
Thanks!

Hello Don and Kurt,

Thanks for the well wishes... :) We have a fantastic board of directors and we're all looking forward to building another great woodturning club.

Website
Probably...

Hello Steve,

I should be able to make it this year as my travel schedule has slowed down a bit... The last time I made this event it was called "Texas Turn or Two" and I demonstrated the McNaughton Centre Saver. It will be nice to attend again. Take care and best wishes to you and yours!

Steve Russell
The Woodlands, Texas

Back