• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Chad Eames for "Twisted Walnut Vessel"being selected as Turning of the Week for September 2, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Is it worth it??

I have a Robust 2MT live center that is starting to show definite signs of wear and I was wondering if it is 1) feasible to rebuild a Robust live center and 2) is it worth the effort and cost (I have no idea)

I remember they have a thrust bearing. I’m guessing you could find a replacement one. if it is beyond the 5 year warranty I would check to see if Robust would rebuild it and then compare to new price.

If that is made similar to the OneWay it is not too hard to get it apart. The bearings used will have a generic number on them which would be easily replaced at any bearing dealer.

I replaced the bearings in mine (another brand) and the cost of the bearings was about the same as buying a new live center.

Back