• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Instant Gallery question

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
The idea of the instant gallery is for attendees to show and share their wor

http://www.woodturner.org/sym/sym2009/
* Thursday, June 25, 3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m., Register pieces for Instant Gallery
* Friday, June 26, 7:00 a.m. - 7:50 a.m., Registration/Instant Gallery Receiving
* Sunday, June 28, 11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., Instant Gallery Critique
* Sunday, June 28, 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m., Instant Gallery Pickup
* No size restrictions for turnings placed in the Instant Gallery, as long as AAW members drop off and pick up their own pieces.
* One change this year - Demonstrators may bring up to 6 pieces to show, AAW members may bring up to 3 pieces.

-Al

Website
www.perfectwoodworks.com
Instant Gallery Pricing

My first symposium was last year in Richmond. I had a terrific time and plan to be in Albuquerque. I noticed in the instant gallery, some pieces were for sale and some weren't. Is there a commision on each piece if it sells? I've been searching this site but haven't found the answer to my question yet.

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
Leo,

Instant gallery sales are private transactions between turner and buyer.

The pieces for sale usually list contact information (cell phone, hotel number)
to facilitate a buy connecting with the artist.

Have a safe trip
-al

Back