• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Impatiently Waiting

Website
www.beyondbark.com
Well things are finally coming together. I moved into my new place and now have the room to set up a full shop. I got all my shelving installed and 80% of the shop complete. All I need now I my new lathe. I went down to my local dealer this weekend and bought myself a new Jet 1642 EVS (1.5hp). The sales person said they sold the one in stock but I could have the floor model. Never been used or even plugged in, just already assembled. So I said great I’ll take it! Got a ton of other stuff and paid for it all. While I was arranging for a truck to pick it all up, the sales person said he made a mistake and they had already sold the floor model. So, here I sit waiting for my new lathe to arrive. They said about 2 weeks but they don't have the best track record for timely arrival. So while I wait I figured I would go onto craftsupply and order a new chuck and a few other needed parts. Turns out all but one of the things I ordered are on back order.

So like many of you in the past I can do nothing but wait.
:) i got my new lathe! :( i have to wait!

Me Too

Be happy that you have a room to put stuff in when it arrives. I'm waiting to get a "room" to put it in. Am told that the concrete foundation for new shop will be poured late this week, but with several days of rain predicted, am not holding my breath. It will all get done in the fullness of time.

You certainly are patient. If I had to wait two weeks I'd be on the road; you know, Visalia, Bakersfield. Or, in the other direction, Stockton, Lodi, Sacramento (Woodcraft in Sacto). But there is no way I could handle waiting two weeks.
Congratulations on your steadfastness to support your local businesses.

Cypher

You're going to love that lathe. I have the 2 hp version for some time and it's lived up to every expectation I have had over the years. If you want, you can get a bed extension and even turn fence posts :cool2:

Paul

Back