• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

How to make dichroic cabochons, part 1...

Ed, this looks pretty cool! Why can’t/don’t you cut out the ‘end product’ with your disk cutter, in lieu of cutting it out with scissors?
Thanks!

I tried using a paper punch, but the plastic sheet is too thin and delicate for that type of cutter.
Thank you sir. I’m definitely going to give this a try. I have some of the UV-cured resin that I’ll put on top of the cabochon — unless you know a reason that can’t/shouldn’t be used in lieu of two-part epoxy.

Thank you sir. I’m definitely going to give this a try. I have some of the UV-cured resin that I’ll put on top of the cabochon — unless you know a reason that can’t/shouldn’t be used in lieu of two-part epoxy.
Go for it! Any woodturner will tell you..."there's almost always more than one way to get to the destination."

Back