• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Hot Holiday Deals

Somebody besides me has to be looking for turning related gifts for Christmas. Thought I would share some good deals that I have found. Would love to know about any other good deals that you may have found.

Hartvilletool (hartvilletool.com):

Talon Chuck $159 + adapter $22 = $181.
Talon chuck without jaws $114 + adapter $22 = $136

Stronghold Chuck $199 + adapter $22 = $221
Stronghold Chuck without jaws $149 + adapter $22 = $171.

Free shipping on orders over $75. No sales tax (in Florida at least).

If you are tired of changing chuck jaws, the price on the body only package seemed like too good a deal to pass up to me.

Craft Supplies USA (woodturnerscatalog.com):

For each $50 of gift certificates (up to $250 total) you buy, you get a free $10 certificate (which must be used 1/1/08 - 2/29/08). No shipping costs on certificates if purchased alone. That works out to the equivalent of a 16.7% discount on your future purchases.

That's all I have right now. Anyone else find any good deals?

Ed

Website
www.woodstoppers.com
Kurt- 13.75 for shipping on the jet lathe!! ? Now that is a good deal on shipping! It's almost funny... I just paid that much for 2 drill bits!! ;)

The chuck deal is great too. I just recommended a chuck to a neighborhood kids dad... Now he can get another set of jaws for the same cash! Nice!!

KEW

Craft Supplies USA (woodturnerscatalog.com):

For each $50 of gift certificates (up to $250 total) you buy, you get a free $10 certificate (which must be used 1/1/08 - 2/29/08). No shipping costs on certificates if purchased alone. That works out to the equivalent of a 16.7% discount on your future purchases.

I just got a reminder from CSU.
Tomorrow - Friday, 12/7/07 is the last day to order the gift certificates and qualify for the free $10 certificates. I missed this expiration in the first notice.

caliper

HF has 6" composite digital caliper on sale for $6.88 regular $19.99

Back