• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Will Armstrong for "Gold Carved Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 20th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Hello from Oak Harbor Washington

I though I'd say hi & show a few pictures of my start into turning equipment & tools.

I have a Oneway chuck & sharpening jig system as well as My Dad's original Craftsman lathe . The lathe is stored I grew up using it. I also have a Delta 1930's double duty lathe that I have enjoyed using original cost $50. I have a Jet mini lathe won as a door prize at an annual picnic/BBQ that I used to go to every year but the couple that hosted it have moved away. I have the Jet lathe set up on a top that can be clamped into a workmate for going to a picnic/BBQ.
My turning tools are not big name tools but they seem to do what I need.

I have a Grizzly 4 jaw chuck that I use to drill pen blanks.

So here are a few pictures.

At a later date after I get the pictures rounded up I'll show the few items I've turned.

Attachments

• Turning 38.jpg
    Turning 38.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 65
  • Turning 40.jpg
    Turning 40.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 58
  • Turning 37.jpg
    Turning 37.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Turning 31.jpg
    Turning 31.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Turning 26.jpg
    Turning 26.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Bart Leetch
Hello,Hello to Bart Leetch from Oak Harbor Washington from Mitch Cholewinski from Pittsburgh Pa(Steeler Country).Welcome to the forum and a special hello from someone who wondered where the heck you went to . Glad to see your into turning now. The pictures were very good and the spalted bowl is gorgeous. I started out with the same Jet you have there and still have it but turn mostly on a Nova. Actually I am not turning as much as making my own turning tools now. I am not sure if your new to the forum Bart,but if so the forum has gained a great contributor and an all around tool junkie. I'm thrilled to see your here. Let"s see the pictures. Mitch:cool2:

Back