• Congratulations to 2024 AAW Member Exhibition Common Roots forum member finalists (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Alan Weinberg for "Ash hollow form" being selected as Turning of the Week for October 14, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Gordon Kane

Hello all from N.E. Michigan. I have always enjoyed working with wood however for the last 30 years my career had me on the road Monday through Friday so when at home my time was limited to honey dos etc. In May I finally retired, prior to retiring I quit traveling and built a small wood shop. Turning on a lathe is something I’ve always wanted to learn.
In May I cut up an old pine stump in our yard and made my first bowl. I was pretty much hooked after that. I posted a couple pictures from my latest turnings. The first one is from an old spalted Ash tree from my neighbors woods, I finished it with tried and true original. The second is a maple bowl from a blank I picked up finished with shellac.
I’m looking forward to learning from the experts here.

Attachments

• IMG_4267.jpeg
    IMG_4267.jpeg
    515 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4268.jpeg
    IMG_4268.jpeg
    456.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0372.jpeg
    IMG_0372.jpeg
    382.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0370.jpeg
    IMG_0370.jpeg