• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Gallery

Do not know if it is proper to bring this up here, but at the risk of getting my head slapped, I will be opening my own Gallery (my own work only) by appointment the first of December. It is kinda hard to sell my work out of boxes!!!!Those of you that need/want more info, contact me at woodward@spiritone.com for details. Thanks, and happy Holidays to all.:rolleyes...:cool2:

M

mkart

Do you have a web site? Will your appointment only gallery also house a studio? How about location, is it in a buisiness district where window shoppers may see your work? Sounds like a fun venture if you have the time and money!

Mr. Don's Gallery

To start with, the gallery is on my own place (a remodeled old building 11'x18') for my own work only. It is in the country on a gravel deadend road, and just a way to get my pieces out of storage boxes and onto shelves on display for people to enjoy and hopefully buy. I am proud of what I create, and being a bit of a showman, figure it better to have my own gallery than pony up 35%+ in commissions to some uptown artsy gallery that would not display my work to my satisfaction. Plus, I am retired, and I LOVE IT!!!! Oh ya, and that makes me BOSS!! No, I do not have a website, and no, it did not cost a lot of $....I figure all in all under $500, including insurance, materials, and advertising. For those of you that are interested, shoot me your e-mail address for more info....I prefer not to get too commercial on this site....the powers that be may get cranky!!!

Last edited:
Back