• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Frank Sudol DVD?

Website
www.torne-lignum.com
Does anyone know where I can buy the new one? Is the new one out?

Two years ago Frank demoed in FL, he had his (then) new DVD, I sold them in my booth but the voice quality was really bad for the first 15 min., we told everyone who bought one if they wanted a replacement, he'd send them one as soon as the better DVD was ready. I was told they would be ready and available in Portland. Were they? I really need 3 as soon as possible as the turners who bought them don't want their money back, they really just want to hear Frank; me, too.

Thanks for any help,

Ruth

Binh Pho had them for sale in Portland. I don't see them on his web site so you might need to contact him directly.
I have the original DVD from Frank, and the new one.
Even though the sound quality is not the best on the original one, the presentation is closer ( as I remember it) to his live Creative Engine session.

The new one has some new material which is nice, and looks like it was completely reshot.
Even though the new one is 'nicer', I will watch the old one from time to time for the message. They complement each other.

Mark.

Ruth,

The new one is somewhat different than the first one.

You can also contact Frank's Partner Lois. In last years AAW book you will find the phone number. Give her a call she is a wonderful lady and I am sure she would enjoy a chat with you. You can tell her I sent you! :)

Another place to get them would be from Darrel Duer. His contact information was on the first DVD.

The new one has been completely redone with some new stuff and some stuff taken out.

Steve

Back