• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to William Rogers for "Ambrosia Maple Platter" being selected as Turning of the Week for September 16, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Eric Fleming

I wanted to stop in and say hello. I plan to spend time on this search in among my job and obsession with Ancestry. I own a ShopSmith, actually 3 and several other tools. My desire for Wood Working is high but my experience is low. The other day i turned a piece of Purple heart wood into a plate for my son. Didn't go as planned but fixable. let's just say, we need a hoist to move it. quite thick and heavy. LOL I am learning turning so i missed the step on how to make a base to hold the plate. Oops.
I am taking a pen turning class in a few weeks and hope this gives more info. I am a sponge of desire, i desire the info and soak up anything i can get. I hope this site can help me.

Michael Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
TOTW Team
Welcome to the forum, Eric! This is a great place to soak up knowledge. A lot of giants here. I'm looking forward to seeing what you make. Cheers!

Back