• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Will Armstrong for "Gold Carved Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 20th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Darin Colville

Wanted to say hello. I am an absolute beginner. I have made a couple cradles with a simple lathe. I’m also a modest Carver. My goal is to learn how why and why for now. I’m blown away at the work I’ve seen .

I am an organic farm for a living and I also have a few specialty foods. Garlic, mushrooms, etc.

I would like to ask if this is a fair price to offer Oak Burls, And random words that one would find on another 75-year-old homestead. I know how to harvest and cure them, I have no idea of their value. I just don’t want them to be firewood. If anyone could use aged hedge, also known as Osage Orange, I have a couple 20 -year-old posts. I have no idea if that’s even a usable product. I’m sure it’s harder than steel .

I don’t mean to bring up business in my introduction I just wanted to know if this is an appropriate place.

Looking forward to learning thank you so much .

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Welcome to the AAW forum, Darin.

If you have anything that you want to sell, you need to post it in the forum marketplace. Before doing so please read the marketplace rules. Business ads aren't allowed.

Back