• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Contest winner photos

Kurt, hello from a fellow Arkansan;

Your comittment to the advancement of membership activity thru the semi-monthly contests is very admirable and I am sure time consuming. You deserve a lot of praise for your administration and promotion of these.:D

I am sure that I am not the only one who would like to see at least the first five places, more if at all possible, published at the end of the contest when winners are announced. Don Leyden won the tool handle contest, but I have no clue as to what his entry, or any others look like. Is it not possible to assimulate the entry pic's along with placement and commentary ?

Thanks for your consideration.

Clint Merrill

Clint,
First, thank you for your comments. It is my pleasure to be able to contribute to the AAW in this manner.

Here is a link to the February contest entries: http://www.aawforum.org/photopost/search.php?searchid=18273

I usually include this link when the winner is announced, but it disappears after a certain time. If you can't find it in the future, just let me know and I will refresh it. Also, if you go to the members gallery and do a title search for AAW (month) 2010 Contest, you will get the same results.

As for including all of the entry photos in the Journal, I will speak with Betty Scarpino, the editor, to see if that is possible.

Contest Pic's

Thanks Kurt for the quick reply.
The pictures are great and very informative for all to see. Highlighting the first set of pic's takes you to another set with comments from the maker.

GREAT JOB :D

Clint Merrill

Back