• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Contacting Jimmy Clewes ??

Three weeks ago I emailed Jimmy to inquire about training, and have had no reply. So today I phoned the number shown on his website, and got a recording that it was not in service. Can anyone tell me how to contact him? Thanks.

David

I just looked at Jimmy's calendar and he was in USA at the AAW symposium, then went to Ireland, then Switzerland before arriving back in the UK right at the end of July. He is probably just behind answering his emails. I would email him again - I know when I sent him an email back a couple of months ago before all of this travel to ask a question about his video I got an email back within 24 hours.

From what I understand he and Clay Johnson at Choice Woods keep in touch. Clay's always been up to helping out. Give him a call at 1-888-895-7779.

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
David,

Jimmy teaches a lot on the road all over Europe and the US too.

It is often difficult for him to keep up with email when he is teaching.

You already know he is one of the best teaches around. He taught a class here in Lakeland last fall that was fantastic!

-Al

I suppose the next obvious question is "were you affected"?
The images on the TV looked grim. I hope the weather has settled down and people can begin returing to normal.

Bob Chapman said:
Yes and no. He lives in Northern England, about 80 miles north of me, but it wasn't flooded where he lives.

Bob

Website
www.bobchapman.co.uk
No, I'm fortunate to live well up the valley sides, way above the river. Bingley wasn't flooded this time although we did have a day or two a few years ago when a couple of the main roads were covered.

Although I know some of the worst hit places, my area wasn't affected. It must be pretty awful for the people who were. It does make you wonder about global warming.

Bob

Just to close the loop on this thread - I did hear back from Jimmy. He is a very busy guy. Thanks for the advice and comments everyone. Cheers.

David

Clewes web site

I joined jimmy Clewes web site and so far all I get is a confirmation that I have paid. How do I get his videos etc. I have sent him messages but No replies yet. Hope it wasn't $65 down the drain. Has anyone else signed up for his web site?

Jimmy is currently residing in Las Vegas (lucky me!! :D )
but, his brother in England is the one who maintains the website, and a bit slow working on it at times
as long as you're verified as being a member, soon you'll see options under the member tab where you can access videos he's creating and posting
and NO !! , not a penny of that $65 is wasted, patience grasshopper and you will be rewarded ;)

Jimmy's website has been up and running for 4 or 5 months with a new video lesson every month, well worth $65.

Back