• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Tom Hale & Rebecca DeGroot for "Walking Mushroom" being selected as Turning of the Week for September 30, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to 2024 AAW Member Exhibition Common Roots forum member finalists (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Congratulations, Michael Gibson, Michael Anderson, Christine Smith, Kevin Jesequel, Dave Landers, John Beaver, and Tom Hale

Congratulations to 2024 AAW Member Exhibition Common Roots forum member Michael Gibson, Michael Anderson, Christine Smith (People’s Choice Winner), Kevin Jesequel, Dave Landers, John Beaver, and Tom Hale who were among the twenty-seven finalists. Their work is shown in the October issue of American Woodturner.

WWWWIMG_4142.jpegWWWWIMG_4143.jpegWWWWIMG_4141.jpegWWWWIMG_4140.jpeg

Kevin Jesequel

TOTW Team
Thanks, Alan! I have not received my copy yet, but it appears to be a publication of the AAW Member’s Exhibition, Common Roots. There are a number of forum members in that exhibition. The theme for next year is already up on the AAW site: https://www.woodturner.org/Woodturner/Woodturner/Exhibitions/Member Exhibition.aspx . I encourage everyone to enter and see where it leads. The submission period will be from Jan 1, 2025 to March 15, 2025, so start thinking about (and make!) some pieces to submit!

Michael Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
TOTW Team
Thanks Alan! I haven’t received my copy yet, so this is a cool surprise. There were a lot of nice pieces in the Member’s Exhibition. Like Kevin said, the theme this year has been announced (POP theme as well). Get to making 😊

And BIG thanks to Brandon Luster above for hosting me this past weekend. I felt like a member of the family. Good times.

Back