• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

classes????

as a new commer to wood turning i am considering takeing a class given by tom dunne in new orleans has any one had dealings with him

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
Call him if you can. Talk to him personally and ask what will be taught. Then you might even ask for the name of one of his students and talk to them. As an instructor I would only give out one of my students names with thier permission but I think most would gladly grant that and would probably be very honest about the class. I also wouldn't mind someone calling and asking about the class.

Tom Dunne's pretty Good

You're making a good move taking lessons before you develop too many bad habits. Tom Dunne is a member of The Bayou Woodturners, which should be your next move as a beginner. Contact me for information on Tom, I haven't taken classes from him, but many of my fellow members have and their work is some of the best around.
Check out some of his art on www.bayouwoodturners.com and look for work by Charlie Kragle, Gordon or Laura Ousset, Joel Blazek and others as an example of Tom's teachings.
If you're interested in woodturning, get interested in woodturning clubs. The Bayou Woodturners holds monthly meetings and you'r invited to attend, FREE!
Check us out at www.bayouwoodturners.com for more information.

Captain Eddie Castelin
President 2005 & beyond

Back