• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Cannary wood

Yes I have. Love to use it. Glues and mills well and the various colors in the grain tend to tie the other woods I use together nicely...particularly purple heart. The only problem I've found with it is in finishing. I used to use linseed oil for most my pieces. I've found some of my older work was developed an odd yellow color that I do not find attractive especially on canary wood and maple.

canary is great to work with. have used it a few times and had great results.

the pic is an example.

IAN

Attachments

• IM002834b.JPG
    IM002834b.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 252
Website
www.tahoeturner.com
I've used a fair amount of canarywood in my segmented work. The grain is a little more open than I'd like, but it's a nice color. The example below, titled "Just Imagine", is a stave-constructed ribbon, turned thin in the middle, and then pierced.

Attachments

• Just Imagine.jpg
    Just Imagine.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 228
Back