• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Call for Artisans - pacificartisans.net

Website
www.pacificartisans.net
Hello - Recently, we launched a new online commercial Community for Artisans and Artists, http://www.pacificartisans.net. We are building a personal and interactive site where each Artisan is presented as individually and uniquely as their Work. Joining the Pacific Artisans Community is "by invitation", there are no upfront costs or fees.

Please review the site and if you feel that you and your Work would be a good fit with the Pacific Artisans Community, please contact us.

Thanks,

Elliott Dahan

Elliot,

Great idea and looks like you have a good start. But the first sentence irritated my "bad grammer" zone, and just this one time I'm going to mention it. A thing or event is either "unique" or it isn't. "Unique" is a one-off term. There ain't no "degrees or grades of uniqueness". Most interesting, unusual, innovative, beautiful, artistic, etc., yes. But not UNIQUE. It is either unique (the only one in existence in the known universe), or it isn't.

That said, I wish you and your associates good fortune and success in this venture.

Richard,

Your reply caught my eye as my "bad grammar" zone may be as sensitive as yours in spite of my occasional flops into the "zone". :eek: So...I just had to go back and see that to which you were addressing. My take is that they are refering to the manner in which they represent the artist as being unique as an individual and, as each of us is indeed "one of kind" as people, we may need to turn our sensitivity knobs back a bit. :D

Back