• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Brian Proctor

Hey there! I was recommended to join AAW by the fine folks at IAP. I've been turning mostly pens and some other smaller items for about a year and a half now. I think I've graduated from Rank Beginner to Sorta Beginner. Next up on my learning curve are rings and closed end pens.

I live in Lake City, MN. I don't know any turners in the area, so if there's anyone out there, let me know! Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Welcome to the AAW forum Brian. It looks like you are surrounded by four AAW chapters in Rochester, La Crosse, Eau Claire, and Minneapolis. Here is a link to AAW Chapters where you can get more information. You can just enter Minnesota in the search box for the area served. The clubs are an invaluable resource for mentoring and sharing information.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
You can search for AAW members HERE. Just enter 5504 (the first four digits of your zip code) in the Postal Code box and you will get 10 names of members in the area around Lake City. Enter 550 and you will get 39 hits. Enter nothing and you will get about 16,000 names all over the world. :D

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
Hey there! I was recommended to join AAW by the fine folks at IAP. I've been turning mostly pens and some other smaller items for about a year and a half now. I think I've graduated from Rank Beginner to Sorta Beginner. Next up on my learning curve are rings and closed end pens.

I live in Lake City, MN. I don't know any turners in the area, so if there's anyone out there, let me know! Looking forward to meeting all of you.
Welcome aboard! My cowboy friends from Texas are always using the word Rank! Enjoy the trip, here you can ask anything you need to improve and have fun. Aloha

Welcome from SE Texas!!
Looks line you’ve a good start!

Back