• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Chad Eames for "Twisted Walnut Vessel"being selected as Turning of the Week for September 2, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Brad Barker

My name is Brad Barker. Although I’ve lived in Utah most of my life I did live in the Seattle area for a few years when I was younger. I’ve been a life long woodworker and a woodturner for the last two years. Upon retirement my gracious wife purchased a new Powermatic lathe for a retirement gift to me replacing my old Rockwell lathe. I’m so blessed in so many ways. Besides woodturning I have also taken up chainsaw carving which I do more during the summer months due to the high heat in the shop. Having just attended the AAW symposium in Portland I returned home with a new vision. Thank you to all those involved for such an amazing event.

IMG_1694.jpeg

Is there a size limit for attached files. If you want pictures of my work, pictures you will get. I’m not sure how this forum works so a couple of questions. Should pictures be posted in a manner that will start a discussion or is it more of a one sided show and tell? Are videos acceptable too?

Is there a size limit for attached files. If you want pictures of my work, pictures you will get. I’m not sure how this forum works so a couple of questions. Should pictures be posted in a manner that will start a discussion or is it more of a one sided show and tell? Are videos acceptable too?
Not sure about exact file size but it is much larger if you are an AAW member. For videos use YouTube and that is no problem at all.
This is a link to Forum Rules: RULES

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com

Welcome to the AAW Forum, Brad. You may post up to 6 images per post in the discussion forums. The images should be no larger than 1920 pixels per side. File size per image should be 1 Mb or less. From a practical perspective, smaller images are better because some forum members have slow internet connections. Images posted in the discussion forums can be anything relevant to the discussion. The gallery is for displaying your turned items. Only completed works are allowed, so no pictures of your shop, works-in-progress, lathe, cat, parrot, lizard, fish, spouse, motorcycle, etc.

Back