• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to William Rogers for "Ambrosia Maple Platter" being selected as Turning of the Week for September 16, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Beyond Wood - repository of videos

This brought back a lot of memories seeing Ray Leier moderating—he got me started collecting and guided me decades ago. I loved going to Del Mano Gallery. He is missed.

Michael Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
TOTW Team
This brought back a lot of memories seeing Ray Leier moderating—he got me started collecting and guided me decades ago. I loved going to Del Mano Gallery. He is missed.
Man, I would have loved to check out Del Mano in the day. Do you have the book “500 Wood Bowls”? It was juried by Ray and Jan from Del Mano. It was/is a great source of inspiration.

Great link to the videos! Thank you Michael.
The book is such a great reference for sure. Lovely bowl on page 242 Bob! I only wish my copy of the book wasn't coming apart at the spine.

Thanks for posting the link, Michael. I had not seen that before.

Loved the videos about Ray Allen and Rude Osolnik. Ray was the turner who inspired my Dad to many years of segment turning.

I had the good fortune of first meeting Rude Osolnik in 1977, right before I got into woodturning. By accident, I came across him at a Renaissance Fair in the hills of Northern Virginia. He was turning walnut candlesticks, and I stood there and talked to him for an hour, not knowing who he really was. At the time, I had very little money in the bank, and I did not buy a set of candlesticks. What a dope!

Back