• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Anybody Going to Yankee Symposium ?

I can't go to Portland for the BIG show, so I'm going to Connecticut in a couple weeks instead. Anybody else heading there? Line-up looks real good. Pretty good location for the Northeast. Hope to see lots of you there.

Might make it to Richmond next year.

Website
turnedbygeorge.com
Don O. Jr. said:
I can't go to Portland for the BIG show, so I'm going to Connecticut in a couple weeks instead. Anybody else heading there? Line-up looks real good. Pretty good location for the Northeast. Hope to see lots of you there.

Might make it to Richmond next year.
He Don!
I'm only going to make it for Saturday. If you are going for just one, or if you are planning to commute, maybe we could ride together.
George

Oh, I'm palnning on going to Richmond too! :D

hi don,
I'll be there from friday -sunday. will be helping out on the reception desk and with setup and cleanup. see ya there.

IAN

Hi Guys
I'm going to be there Firday-Sunday, helping with set up and take down.
Never been to a Symposium before so I am looking forward to it.
Not going to Portland but hope to make Ricmond next year
If you see me at the Yankee Syposium please say Hi, I'm 6'4" tall, dark hair, Glasses and a moustache, Oh I talk with a English accent. Hope to see you there.
Nigel

We'll be heading out East from Erie, PA at 0 dark thirty to be there Friday thru Sunday. The line up looks great, the hard part being which ones to go to. I'll be pouring over the program schedule up to departure time for sure.

Tempting

But with only 1 day available, $150/65 is a bit much. If they had a daily registration, I might well invest the 3 hours driving time.

Website
turnedbygeorge.com
I didn't consider THAT!

Mark Mandell said:
But with only 1 day available, $150/65 is a bit much. If they had a daily registration, I might well invest the 3 hours driving time.
I went to the website and couldn't find a contact link. I can only go for a day, and it hadn't occurred to me that they wouldn't have a daily rate...
I'm not so sure I want to spend that much to visit with my friends and see only SOME of the demonstrations.
If anyone knows how to contact the promoters, let me know, I would like to ask about a daily rate.

Angelo

President Emeritus
Website
www.majicbrand.com
Yankee

Absolutley we have a daily rate!!!! My belief is that it is somewhere around $75 bucks for the day. You cannot quote me on that but you can get in touch with Gary Bashian (garybashian@hotmail.com) for more info and maybe the correct price.

Come for the day! Stay for dessert!

Hope to see you all there.

Angelo

I think it is $100 for 1 day.
I got my registration confirmation from Gary Bashian [garybashian@hotmail.com]. I guess you may be able to find the information by emailing Gary.

Gordon

Standard Registration (based on postmark date):
From 5/1 – 5/26 ----- Number of Attendees: ______ x $150 = ______________

After 5/26 Please pay at the door at $165 (cash or check only, no credit cards)

Number of Spouse, Student (under 21, with id), or One-Day Registrations:: ______ x $100 = ______________
(No Charge for Admission to Youth Program ONLY)

Angelo

President Emeritus
Website
www.majicbrand.com
Yankee

Gordon,

Thanks for the post. That is exactly the same info Gary sent to me. Here is the complete messasge:

Hi Angelo -

The one-day registration is spelled out on the Registration Form:
"Number of Spouse, Student (under 21, with id), or One-Day Registrations::
______ x $100 = "

The Costs page explains exactly what each option provides.

I have added a notice to this effect (upper-right of homepage, red background)

Thanks for the Priddle info, will pass that along to the attendee from NJ.

Gary

Great !!

Looks like there will be a lot of folks heading to Connecticut. I'm looking forward to it very much.

I'm glad to see they have a single day option as that can be a problem for many people. I have been trying to convince another NE event to do the same with no success.

George, sounds like fun but I am going for all 3 days. Actually I am going over early Friday and visit family in the area. Maybe another time-I can easily pick you up on the way through on I-90.

See everybody there !!

Website
turnedbygeorge.com
Don O. Jr. said:
Looks like there will be a lot of folks heading to Connecticut. I'm looking forward to it very much.

I'm glad to see they have a single day option as that can be a problem for many people. I have been trying to convince another NE event to do the same with no success.

George, sounds like fun but I am going for all 3 days. Actually I am going over early Friday and visit family in the area. Maybe another time-I can easily pick you up on the way through on I-90.

See everybody there !!
Have fun with the family! I would take the ride, but I don't get home from NYC till about 9PM and it would be a rather LONG walk home...
See you there.

Heck yeah I'm going!

I will be selling wood in the vendor area - look for Big Monk Lumber Company - should be easy to find, I'll be right next to Ruth Niles and her stainless steel bottle stoppers.

Stop by and say hello :D

Pete

Driving 6 hours for 1 day......

Will be there late Sat. nite and all day Sunday,see you there...Mac

Donna Banfield

TOTW Team
I'll be there...

the entire weekend, as an attendee and local demonstrator.

Hope that my topic is interesting enough to have a few people attend my demo. I'll be showing how to turn a 2-part Wizard Wand, ala Harry Potter.

With the last book in the series and the next movie being released this July, the demo should be just in time for turners to make a few for the die-hard fans of this story.

And if you show up, no heckling allowed; you haven't earned the right unless you've stuck your own neck out in the past and done a demonstration before (at any level). Then go right ahead! ;)

Donna Banfield said:

Hope that my topic is interesting enough to have a few people attend my demo. I'll be showing how to turn a 2-part Wizard Wand, ala Harry Potter.

With the last book in the series and the next movie being released this July, the demo should be just in time for turners to make a few for the die-hard fans of this story.

And if you show up, no heckling allowed; you haven't earned the right unless you've stuck your own neck out in the past and done a demonstration before (at any level). Then go right ahead! ;)

hey donna, will you be showing us how to do magic tricks with them also. :D
IAN

I Wish I Could

Donna Banfield said:

be there. The opportunities for double entendra will be unprecedented in the annuls of woodturning symposia! :D

Donna Banfield

TOTW Team
Ian, you wrote " hey donna, will you be showing us how to do magic tricks with them also."

I'll tell you the same thing that I tell the 'smart-alecks' at shows: The magic works only AFTER you pay for them!! :D :D

Back