• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

AAW Members Only Area

OK troops, we're ready to officially unveil our completely redesigned Members Only Area. Click here if you'd like to have a look around.

Take your time, and read the instructions carefully. If you run into any problems, just click on the "AAW Webmaster" email link at the bottom of the log-on page to send me a note...nice notes, please.

I think what you'll find through this link is a fairly intuitive and self-explanatory process for:
- Acquiring your access password for the first time.
- Getting a new password if needed.
- Logging into the Members Only Area.
- Changing your personal information - don't have to call the AAW office any more...unless you just want to chat :).
- Setting up your "snowbird" contact info, so the AAW knows how to get in touch with you during extended travel times (AW Journal forwarding).
- Renewing and extending your AAW membership.
- Searching the membership online database for contact info - searchable by "Last Name", "City" or "Zip Code".

And, within the next day or two, we'll have the ability to vote online for 2008 AAW Board members...see the Fall AAW Journal for more information.

Over the coming months and years, new features will be added to this Members Only Area, so check the log-on page frequently for announcements.

It's been almost one year since our first attempt to get an online Members Only Area going. That effort just didn't work out, for a lot of reasons. Over this past ten months or so, we’ve put in some long hours and expended some precious brain-power to come up with what we hope will be widely accepted as a good investment. I and the rest of the AAW crew, sincerely hope that you find these new features easy to use, useful and just one more reason to be a member of this tremendous group.

Last edited by a moderator:
Website
www.turnlinks.com
One Glitch

I couldn't remember my password so used the email address reminder, once I remembered which email address I had used all went fine. I am using the latest version of Firefox and when I entered the password it appeared in plain text rather than as '*'. Also the first time I clicked on the renew/extend membership it bombed me back to the login screen but the second time it went in fine.

Just FYI

"I couldn't remember my password..."

This is a completely new system. The first time anyone goes to the Members Only Area log-on page, you'll have to go the RED BOX Email Address inquiry route to get your password...also see item 2 of the FAQ, on this same log-on page.

Also, note on that same page, among other things you'll find: "NOTE: Your member number/logon is NOT the same as your Forum logon"

Last edited:
Website
www.woodstoppers.com
I don't know my pogin info. I tried to use the "we'll send you an email with the info" feature and the system does not recognize my email address. I noticed my name is spelled wrong on the journal label and in the new directory. It used to be correct but for some reason is spelled as skellinger rather than skellenger. My email address will therefore be incorrect and I will not get the emails. Any suggestion..?

Peter,

When the email address you inputted via the RED BOX was not recognized by the online AAW membership directory, a webpage with the following message should have come up on your browser:

"Your email address was not found in our files.

You submitted the following email: xxxxx@xxxxxxxx.xxx

If this is the correct email, please contact the AAW offices at 651 484-9094 for assistance"

Peter, if you did not receive that message, please send me a note with whatever details you have observed so the issue can be investigated further. Otherwise, call the number noted above so the St Paul office can sort out your personal records.

Last edited:
Lincoln Hills, CA (At the foot of the Sierra Nevad
Website
jerryhallstudio.com
Nice Work!

Sometimes you have to take the time to build a good foundation, and take it step by step. Looks like you have done just that. Thanks for your efforts. I am looking forward to some rotating symposium videos from this site.

Back