• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

3M Airstream Owners

A few months back, I got an Airstream AS400 w HEPA. My question for those of you that have one or similar - when do you know it's time to replace the HEPA filter?

airstream

i use the 3m breatheasy and that has a tube for testing air flow. i didn't see anything on the web site that gave an option for that. i would suggest that if you notice a reduction of air flow it is time. check www.airwareamerica.com for replacement filters. fyi, the no caps is the result of a broken left arm. shift key is too much work.

Bill Grumbine

In Memorium
Website
www.wonderfulwood.com
Martin, I replace my filters when the thing starts to fog up more. I don't know if that is a valid way to check for airflow, but I figure if I have trouble breathing, it is time to change the filter. In my experience they last a long time. Now, don't ask me how long because I am lousy at keeping track of records like that.

Bill

Bill, Thanks for the reply. I've been doing a lot of sanding with it since I got it (not to mention sweeping the driveway, etc after a dust storm earlier this fall), and noticed that the sheild was starting to fog lately. Time to put some replacement filters on the Christmas list.

Back