• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

3520B Inverter Question

This isn't a gloat (well, maybe a little).

I just received my 3520 and am in the process of setting it up. During the process, the knob on the inverter was turned. What is the correct position for that control? What does it do? I was planning on starting it up with the knob in the center position, but wanted to check since I don't want to cause any damage.

Thanks.

My philosophy is that if a knob isn't supposed to be turned it shouldn't be easily reached for turning and / or there should be a clear warning against turning it. I turned mine and it didn't do anything.

It came in the 12 o'clock position and that's where I leave mine.

I have the same philosophy regarding buttons, but the manual very clearly states that they should never be pushed. I haven't pushed mine.

Ed

Thanks, Ed.

Since I turned it accidentally, I was worried that something would go wrong. One of my friends suggested that it controls the amount of braking on the motor. But I agree with you, so it's back to 12 o'clock.

Website
www.turnrobust.com
Hi Guys:

Inverters are set for either local (the buttons and knobs on the face of the inverter) or remote control (knobs and buttons on the front of the headstock in the case of the PM 3520).

Therefore, the knob on the inverter now does nothing. It does not effect the braking, speed or anything else.

The manual tells you not to push the buttons on the inverter because you could accidently mess up these remote/local settings, or other inverter parameters as well.

So, put the knob wherever you want it and enjoy your lathe !

Brent at Robust Tools.

knob

I agree I just received my 3520 and called tech support with same question he said knob on inverter is disabled . so turn it all you want!! G

Back