• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

your name for shows?

When you do art shows, do you have a "business" name or do you just use your own name?

your name for shows

You really should check your locale to see what the "ficticious name" law is in your state. Here in Florida, if you use your name in your business name, there are no fees or legal costs or other hidden agendas.

Website
www.ralphandellen.us
elderbarryl said:
You really should check your locale to see what the "ficticious name" law is in your state. Here in Florida, if you use your name in your business name, there are no fees or legal costs or other hidden agendas.

EXCELLENT advance. Check with your local/state agencies about rules in your area.

Bill Grumbine

In Memorium
Website
www.wonderfulwood.com
I've had Wonderful Wood as my business name since I started it back in the beginning of 1993. As has already been mentioned, I had to apply for a ficticious name through the state of PA. I secured the domain name for internet use way back in 1996 as well.

Good luck with it.

Bill

Also from Florida and the laws are typical in most states, use your real name in the business name and their is no fee to register a fake name. Our name started 28 years ago when we started doing shows, all stained glass at the time. Last name is Wishart so Wishart's Studio seemed to fit then and still fits today.

Thanks everyone, that helps out a lot. Mike, is that you on ebay? If so, congratulations on some wonderful work!

Back