• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Wtt; Benjamins Best 1/2 in. HSS Bowl Gouge #LX220

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also realized I have an extra BB 1" scew (used) i would trade... Looking for bowl tools.. bol scraper or side cutting scrapers... give me a list... I am open to any trades... Thanks!

Timothy Allen

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
You could re-shape that skew to be a bowl scraper with some time on a coarse grinding wheel to hog off a bit of metal...

Start off with a round nose scraper and you can master the tool, then grind it into a negative rake scraper and master that tool.
You can then decide on a quality tool with the design you like. Many turners have a right hand and left hand scraper that have reliefs that allow the tool to
reach behind different contours in the shape of the work piece. Always good to have a couple of spare tools on hand that you can modify for specials tasks
when you have a difficult cut to make.

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
Hey that is a great idea!! Can anyone steer me to a profile or grind?
Let's not get sidetracked here. This is the Marketplace. Start a new thread on Woodturning discussions, post a picture of the skew and ask how to grind it. I have a response as soon as you do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back