1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. ATTENTION FORUM MEMBERS!

Guest, if you have not yet updated your forum bookmark to a secure log in connection, please delete your unsecure book and add the following secure bookmark: https://www.aawforum.org/community/index.php

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the upper right of the notice box.

Dismiss Notice

WTB Nova Titan Chuck

Discussion in 'Want To Buy' started by Jason Goodrich, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Jason Goodrich

Jason Goodrich

Location (City & State):
    Portland, OR
    I want to add a big chuck to my line up with my G3 and Supernova II. It seems like it would make sense to stay in the Nova line, but would consider something else in the Titans size range. Does anyone have one to sell or compelling reasons to steer clear of the Titan?

2. John Hicks

John Hicks

Location (City & State):
    Hoodsport, Washington
    I have both the titan II and the titan III, they are both great chucks.

3. Paul Grenier

Paul Grenier

Location (City & State):
    Mossup, CT
    I also have both the Titan II and the Titan III and they are great chucks.

4. Bill Blasic

Bill Blasic

Location (City & State):
    Erie, PA
    If I were you I would pass on the Titan II it only accepts jaws with two holes unlike the original and the Titan III that accept 3 hole jaws. They have come out with two new jaw sets for the Original and the III that were badly needed/ The Titan II comes with 4" power jaws which are the same jaws used on the Super Nova II. I think you gain nothing with the Titan II over the Super Nova II other than the weight differences between the two chucks. I bought the Titan II and was upset that it only took two hole jaws. I have all 3 Titans but the Titan II gets very very little use.

5. John Hicks

John Hicks

Location (City & State):
    Hoodsport, Washington
    I don't thin the Titan I and II are even available anywhere? The only thing a Titan II has over the SN2 is a larger range of movement for the jaws and more mass. I like the SN2 also, it's got a good range of jaws.