• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Woodturning Design Index

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Woodworking Design had a printed index in their magazine that was updated annually I believe. It wasn't exactly comprehensive. If you do a Google search you can see a couple sample blurry page images.

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
I gave away almost all of my magazines. I kept the ones that had my articles. If it happened to be one of those I can print a copy if I can find it.

I have archived a pdf current to October 2012. I guess since the company is out of business it is OK to post? Back around the year 2000 I started collecting Woodturning information and have about 4 Gb in about 60 different folders according to the various aspects of turning.

Attachments

• Woodturning Design issue_index.pdf
    137.3 KB · Views: 16

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Copyrights don't expire just because a magazine goes out of business or the holder dies, etc. You really ought to contact the current copyright owner (Joe Herrmann? or publisher?) for permission/forgiveness. :)

Copyrights don't expire just because a magazine goes out of business or the holder dies, etc. You really ought to contact the current copyright owner (Joe Herrmann? or publisher?) for permission/forgiveness. :)
Are not copyrights only valid if they are enforced? I thought of dropping a note to Joe when I saw this originally. Is the publisher still around? I thought the whole organization closed up. I still have all my issues.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
I think that you're confusing copyrights with patents. With the advent of the digital age unauthorized copying became so rampant especially with software that an international treaty led to the US Congress passing the Digital Millinium Copyright Act of 1998 which put some teeth into enforcement. One provision of the law gives copyright owners the power to send a "Takedown Notice" to the online service provider which requires them to block the offending website. Other countries have similar statutes.

Back