1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. ATTENTION FORUM MEMBERS!

Guest, if you have not yet updated your forum bookmark to a secure log in connection, please delete your unsecure book and add the following secure bookmark: https://www.aawforum.org/community/index.php

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the upper right of the notice box.

Dismiss Notice

Woodturners Worldwide Symposium

Discussion in 'Tutorials and Tips' started by Mark Jundanian, Jul 30, 2020 at 1:58 PM.

1. Mark Jundanian

Mark Jundanian

2. Glenn Lefley

Glenn Lefley

Is this an event where you can rematch the videos for two weeks if you can’t attend on those days?

3. Mark Jundanian

Mark Jundanian

I think so, but check the web site.

4. Glenn Lefley

Glenn Lefley

Seems a little weird. Won’t give option to pay using PayPal. Just wants a credit card. I’m not giving any one my credit card number and a big syposium not using PayPal or other protected options.

5. Roger Wiegand

Roger Wiegand

Home Page:
    I think your credit card offers more legally enforceable protections than paypal, for what that's worth. I don't think the federal rules have caught up with newer technologies yet, whereas credit card protections are baked into law.

Anyone know who is actually running this meeting? The website is pretty opaque about who or what "woodturners worldwide" is.

6. Mark Jundanian

Mark Jundanian

I've only just heard of the organization through our local club. Two of our club members are demonstrating. WW is a virtual club with a presence on facebook and Instagram. I don't know anything else about them.

I should also mention that there is another organization called Worldwide Woodturners (the words are revesed), which is run by Capt'n Eddie (Castellan), and which is a separate entity all together.

7. Glenn Lefley

Glenn Lefley

IP
    Giving my card to a website that only offers what looks like an amateur attempt to input a credit card number is a little concerning. And with no PayPal or anything. Makes me wonder about the security they have on there new website., and me giving the credit card and not knowing if there site has been hacked etc. Also it has taken me months to get a charge reversed on a credit card, and I once had a PayPal transaction for $750 us go sideways. Just send a picture of usps shipping info showing I had not received item and got money back immediately.

Ed Davidson likes this.