1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. ATTENTION FORUM MEMBERS!

Guest, if you have not yet updated your forum bookmark to a secure log in connection, please delete your unsecure book and add the following secure bookmark: https://www.aawforum.org/community/index.php

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the upper right of the notice box.

Dismiss Notice

WoodTurners Wonders Lights on Sale

Discussion in 'Woodturning Discussion Forum' started by Larry Steinmetz, Aug 27, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Larry Steinmetz

Larry Steinmetz

Location (City & State):
    Alvin, TX
    Hello,

I have a gift certificate from WoodTurners Wonders that has been burning a hole in my pocket but I have been waiting for a sale on something I could use. I already have their Rikon grinder with a couple of CBN wheels on it. I keep watching to see if their CBN discs for the Worksharp go on sale but no such luck since I got the gift certificate 4 or 5 months ago.

Is anyone using any of their lamps and are there any that you might recommend? Thanks.

2. Lars Hansen

Lars Hansen

Location (City & State):
    Funen, Denmark
    Using the title of your thread as a search string here on the forum brings you to a recent discussion on the subject.

Lars

3. Paul Grenier

Paul Grenier

Location (City & State):
    Mossup, CT
    I have their supernova light and I like it a lot. I'm thinking of getting their Quasar light as these old eyes need all the light that they can get. A friend has the Quasar light and likes it a lot. By the way, he is having a sale this weekend on wheels and lights, so you should check out his site

4. Larry Steinmetz

Larry Steinmetz

Location (City & State):
    Alvin, TX
    Thanks Lars...I normally search extensively on things I want info on but, I have to admit, you caught me being lazy this time...my apologies.

5. Larry Steinmetz

Larry Steinmetz

Location (City & State):
    Alvin, TX
    Thanks Paul. Yeah...I saw that they had a sale so thought that I would see if other people were familiar with their lights. I looked at the Supernova light on their website last night and, at least in the pictures on their site, they look, well, "super" bright. Other than attachment angle of the light, is there a reason that you are thinking of the Quasar over another Supernova?

6. Randy Heinemann

Randy Heinemann

Location (City & State):
    Roscoe, Illinois
    @Larry Steinmetz

I have the Super Nova with a mounting that allowed me to mount to the already existing dust hood bracket on my lathe. The lamp is very bright. While it doesn't serve all my needs, it works for about 90% or more. With the adjustable neck, it allows me to point it wherever I need light. Since the neck is very long and flexible it can be pointed almost anywhere. If you want I can send a picture of how it is mounted on my lathe.

7. GRJensen

GRJensen

Location (City & State):
    Bay Settlement, WI
    I have 2 Super Novas mounted to an overhead rack above my lathe ... one on each end. Plenty of light! I do use a set of bungee cords to support the goosenecks. The rack also gives me place to store tools, etc. where they are out of the way but still relatively handy.
    Overhead Rack & Lights.jpg

8. Larry Steinmetz

Larry Steinmetz

Location (City & State):
    Alvin, TX
    Hi Randy...if not too much trouble, I would love to see how the light is mounted.

9. Larry Steinmetz

Larry Steinmetz

Location (City & State):
    Alvin, TX
    I like your set-up...gives me some potential ideas on what to do with mine!