1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. ATTENTION FORUM MEMBERS!

Guest, if you have not yet updated your forum bookmark to a secure log in connection, please delete your unsecure book and add the following secure bookmark: https://www.aawforum.org/community/index.php

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the upper right of the notice box.

Dismiss Notice

Wondering how to tackle that burl? Check out Cindy Drozda.

Discussion in 'Woodturning Discussion Forum' started by Tom Albrecht, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Tom Albrecht

Tom Albrecht

Over the years I have seen quite a few live demos, both in person and on line. Yesterday I spent close to two and one half hours in a great live Zoom lesson with Cindy Drozda-- all about burls, wow. I have been aware of her for years, and I guess I have always been a bit intimidated by her finials and urchins. I am glad I got into that Zoom lesson yesterday-- She is a fantastic teacher, really covered the burl subject in depth, and had a flawless video system set up with multiple cameras and split screen scenes. The best I have seen.

I believe that you may be able to watch the recorded version when it becomes available.

Mike Adams likes this.
  2. Dean Center

Dean Center

She's also a helluva rock climber.

3. Dave Fritz

Dave Fritz

Her efficient use of holds translates to her efficient use of words. One of the best in my opinion. Looking forward to watching the video when it's available.

Mike Adams likes this.
  4. Dave Hulett

Dave Hulett

I enjoyed it also. excellent ideas on shaping and holding