• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Wanted: quality Used Lathe in northwest US or western Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am looking for a good quality used lathe to upgrade from my old 1960’s delta Rockwell . At least 16” swing with electronic variable speed. I am a recently retired shop teacher with more time to spend in my shop finally. I am Looking for my “second” or maybe even my “third” lathe. :)
Let me know what you have, what you are hoping to get for it and where you are. Thanks
Email <68bird@telus.net>

You might direct an inquiry to the Great Falls, MT chapter directly. Their web site seems to be out of commission lately, but the contact info is
Roger Wayman, President
1-406-873-2500

If I hear of something down here in tropical southern Montana, I'll send you a note.

I saw that ad. That would be a beautiful
Lathe all right. But Texas is a long way from me. I am going to hold on a bit and keep looking. Had a line on a nova DVR XP yesterday day but it sold before I heard back from them..

RE: distances and Texas. People in many parts of the country don't grasp the size of the country out here in the west. A friend of mine from Texas once told a story that illustrates very well how big things are. While going to school in Galveston, he and some friends decided they wanted to go to Los Angeles for spring break. They took off driving and at the end of the day stopped half way......in El Paso!

Geography along with History and Mathematics have become secondary in education these days. Definitely a wake up call when traveling across Texas if you have never made the trip before. As you begin your trip across the state you comment on the high speeds other cars are traveling and by the end of the day you are commenting how slow everyone else is driving. :)

I saw that. What a dream lathe. 6500US would put it at about $8800 Canadian plus a lot a gas to get it here. That’s just a tad outside my retired shop teacher budget but thank you so much for alerting me to the machine. I will have to keep looking .

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
I saw that. What a dream lathe. 6500US would put it at about $8800 Canadian plus a lot a gas to get it here. That’s just a tad outside my retired shop teacher budget but thank you so much for alerting me to the machine. I will have to keep looking .
Shop teacher, a friend of mine, retired shop teacher also, built himself an amazing quality lathe.

That thought has passed thru my mind all right. :) We are in the middle of a full on house reno for the next few months so I am not actively looking right now. Once all done this reno and back on my lathe, I know I will be looking harder.

I found a used General 26020 EVS
Here in alberta. It is the Canadian made one and seems to be a very study beast. Looking forward to using it in the spring once I get the 220 run to my workshop. Thanks everyone for the leads.

RE: distances and Texas. People in many parts of the country don't grasp the size of the country out here in the west. A friend of mine from Texas once told a story that illustrates very well how big things are. While going to school in Galveston, he and some friends decided they wanted to go to Los Angeles for spring break. They took off driving and at the end of the day stopped half way......in El Paso!
. When I lived in Alaska we used to say, "Texas is a great state, it's just not a great big state". I guess it all depends on one's perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back