1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. ATTENTION FORUM MEMBERS!

Guest, if you have not yet updated your forum bookmark to a secure log in connection, please delete your unsecure book and add the following secure bookmark: https://www.aawforum.org/community/index.php

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the upper right of the notice box.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The forums will be down Monday evening for a few hours while they are being migrated to another hosting platform. The migration is going to require a DNS change so it may take up to 4 hours for you to be able to get to the forums again. The outage will start around 9pm PST on 11/30. If you have any access issues Tuesday morning you can email the forum admins @ forum_moderator@aawforum.org. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Vicmarc Step Jaws

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archives' started by Tom Albrecht, Apr 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom Albrecht

Tom Albrecht

Location (City & State):
    Evanston, IL USA
    New and never used, 4 steps

SOLD

Located in Evanston, IL

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  2. taxman

taxman

Location (City & State):
    Cooper City FL (near Ft Lauderdale)
    Home Page:
    Hi Tom,
    Is this the set made for the VM100 0r 120?

3. John Dillon

John Dillon

Location (City & State):
    Illinois
    taxman likes this.
  4. Dave Landers

Dave Landers

Location (City & State):
    Estes Park, CO
    Home Page:
    Interesting. They must have changed something with one of the chucks.

I have 2 VM120s. one is old and one I got a few years ago, all the jaws I have for those fit both chuck bodies.
    I have 1 VM100 from a few years ago.
    The jaws I have for my VM100 and VM120 are different from each other, the 100 jaws don't fit on the 120 and vice-versa.
    Both the registration ring and the hole spacing are different.

IMG_5700.jpeg
    VM120 jaw top, VM100 jaw bottom.

I'm not trying to disagree or argue, but I am genuinely interested if there is a different version of the 100 or 120 chuck body than what I have that would allow interchanging their jaws...

taxman likes this.
  5. Tom Albrecht

Tom Albrecht

Location (City & State):
    Evanston, IL USA
    Thanks Dave, Interesting, I have three Vicmarcs. A 120, a 150, and an older model that uses tommy bars instead of the hex key. All three can use the same jaws with what looks to me to be 27mm hole spacing. I don't own a 100, but based my assumption on the Packard listing.

6. John Dillon

John Dillon

Location (City & State):
    Illinois
    Tom - I'm looking at the Packard website and see a set of Vicmarc step jaws for a VM 100, but I don't see the 120/150 set (Craft Supplies sells). Maybe I'm not looking in the right place. Not sure where you are seeing information for jaws that fit a 100 and 120.

7. Tom Albrecht

Tom Albrecht

Location (City & State):
    Evanston, IL USA
    I am sorry, I misinterpreted the site. These fit my 120 and 150. I don’t have a 100. As Dave noted above, they are different.
    The mounting holes on these are 27mm center-center.

Bill Blasic likes this.
  8. Bill Blasic

Bill Blasic

Location (City & State):
    Erie, PA
    The Packard catalog shows that these are 2 different jaws sets for the 100 and the 120. $56.95 and $66.95. My different Vicmarc chucks take different jaws they are not interchangeable.

9. Tom Albrecht

Tom Albrecht

Location (City & State):
    Evanston, IL USA
    Bill, which “different Vicmarc chucks” are you referring to? The 100 and the 120? We have already covered that. The jaw slides-- the 4 moving parts mounted in the scroll mechanism-- may not be interchangeable between all models, but Vicmarc jaws with the 27mm centered mounting holes that are screwed to the slides certainly are, as I noted above.

The Vicmarc website differentiates the jaws that fit the Models 120, 140, and 150 between those that fit the Models 90 and 100.

https://vicmarc.com/index.php?optio...id=15&virtuemart_manufacturer_id=0&Itemid=449

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  10. Tom Albrecht

Tom Albrecht

Location (City & State):
    Evanston, IL USA
    Fits VM120 and above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.