• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Vega bowl lathe value

I am curious if anyone would know a fair asking price for a used Vega bowl lathe? It is a number of years old. I am unsure of the lathe specifics but would be interested if anyone would suggest a price range?
Thanks in advance,
Bill

Too hard to say with that information. Originally they only had step pulleys for speed changes, then switched to I think a DC motor and controller. Price would be quite different between the 2. I'm not a fan of them, tested one for a couple weeks in my shop. I always felt they looked and felt like someone did a diy build in a farm shop. So what I value them at will be skewed.

I used to have the model with electronic variable speed. I found it very stable and smooth running. The large swing plus the evs at the price of ~$2700 was very attractive at the time. I would think half that price would be fair.

Back