• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Turning Tips Server for your websites

Website
www.hiltonhandcraft.com
Hi everybody; it's been awhile,

I just wanted to stop in and let everyone know about a new little website tool to help streamline parts of the websites that I maintain. It's called the "Turning Tips Auto-Generator".

Basically, you can connect up to it from your website so that it serves up woodturning-specific tips, techniques and information to your site viewers automatically. All you have to do is just place some code in your HTML page where you'd like the tips to show and with each "hit", it'll deliver a new tip to your viewers. I'm constantly adding to the database and keeping things fresh and up-to-date.

There's no advertising, pop-ups, fees, malicious code or anything else that I wouldn't want on my own websites (because I use this on all of those too!). Currently, the size of the tips are small (under 250 characters) but there may be options for more detailed tips in the future. There's some customization provided (say, only giving finishing tips, for example) and probably more as things come up.

More information and some coding examples can be found here ...

http://www.hiltonhandcraft.com/turningtips/

I hope the community can get some use from it as I have.

Back