1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. ATTENTION FORUM MEMBERS!

Guest, if you have not yet updated your forum bookmark to a secure log in connection, please delete your unsecure book and add the following secure bookmark: https://www.aawforum.org/community/index.php

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the upper right of the notice box.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The forums will be down Monday evening for a few hours while they are being migrated to another hosting platform. The migration is going to require a DNS change so it may take up to 4 hours for you to be able to get to the forums again. The outage will start around 9pm PST on 11/30. If you have any access issues Tuesday morning you can email the forum admins @ forum_moderator@aawforum.org. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Turning Tips Server for your websites

Discussion in 'Tutorials and Tips' started by Andrew, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Andrew

Andrew

Location (City & State):
    Southwest Missouri
    Home Page:
    Hi everybody; it's been awhile,

I just wanted to stop in and let everyone know about a new little website tool to help streamline parts of the websites that I maintain. It's called the "Turning Tips Auto-Generator".

Basically, you can connect up to it from your website so that it serves up woodturning-specific tips, techniques and information to your site viewers automatically. All you have to do is just place some code in your HTML page where you'd like the tips to show and with each "hit", it'll deliver a new tip to your viewers. I'm constantly adding to the database and keeping things fresh and up-to-date.

There's no advertising, pop-ups, fees, malicious code or anything else that I wouldn't want on my own websites (because I use this on all of those too!). Currently, the size of the tips are small (under 250 characters) but there may be options for more detailed tips in the future. There's some customization provided (say, only giving finishing tips, for example) and probably more as things come up.

More information and some coding examples can be found here ...

http://www.hiltonhandcraft.com/turningtips/

I hope the community can get some use from it as I have.

2. SMarlow

SMarlow

Location (City & State):
    Largo, Florida ("The Jewel of Senile")
    Home Page: