• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Trend air shield battery replacement

Need to replace my battery in my airshield. I know there were threads in this forum a few years ago on how to make a replacement, just wondering if anyone has recent experience. Will buy the new battery from trend if necessary, just have a problem paying $80 for 3 batteries. Saw a recent comment on rebuilding trend batteries, is that difficult?

Last edited:
Recently, I tried to locate some of the parts need per the .pdf file and found they where no longer available. That write up is a few years old. Batteries Plus redid mine for something like $35 to $40 about 4 month ago. Works great and get a good 8 hours of use per charge. I have another set that I'm going to get done soon

I just use 3 AA rechargeable batteries in a 3 cell holder wired to a small plug that mates with the charging port. I get the same life as with the original battery.20201214_203052.jpg

The part numbers in the file John posted are not now available and I am not sure of the new numbers. I did get some of the connectors but not sure I have a part number.

Rebuilding the pack is not difficult but does not seem to last as long as the original batteries do. That may be related to which batteries you buy to build the pack.

Just bought a 3 pack of Lampvpath 3 AA battery holder $7.99 and 15 female dc power plug connectors for $6.99 at Amazon. I'm in no rush as the connectors are probably coming from china and I had previously bought 16 2800 mAH batteries with an 8 battery charger for other things around here. The holders will be here in 2 days. You can get the connectors here for more money.

Back