• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Thread size for the CSUSA Precision Vacuum adapter stem

Website
www.loseby.co.uk
Could any one of my US cousins help me please? I changed lathes last year and the Craft Supplies Precision Machine Rotary Vacuum chuck adapter no longer fit. I did manage to get a new stem from them which fit with plenty of packing of tape etc.

I have turned a replacement stem of the right size ready to screw into the adapter but I need to know the male thread size. I can get a suitable die - if I know the right size. I don't have a USA thread pitch gauge and the machine shops are all closed here because of the lockdown.

The attached picture is of the current adapter stem with the thread size I need, marked with the red arrow. If anyone could enlighten me, I would be really grateful.

Many thanks, kindest regards and above all, stay safe and healthy

Attachments

• Vac adapter.jpg
    Vac adapter.jpg
    478.4 KB · Views: 38
Back