1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. ATTENTION FORUM MEMBERS!

Guest, if you have not yet updated your forum bookmark to a secure log in connection, please delete your unsecure book and add the following secure bookmark: https://www.aawforum.org/community/index.php

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the upper right of the notice box.

Dismiss Notice

Snake Bite

Discussion in 'Woodturning Discussion Forum' started by Roger Chandler, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Roger Chandler

Roger Chandler

According to an email I got from our club [Central Virginia Woodturners] one of our members, Barbara Dill was bitten by a copperhead snake yesterday and spent the night in the hospital. We wish her the best for a speedy recovery with no lasting issues. I have no further info on how it happened or where, just that Barbara was bitten according to a facebook posting.

2. john lucas

john lucas AAW Forum Expert

Keep us posted. She is one of my favorite turners.

3. Roger Chandler

Roger Chandler

From the WoW forum: Marshall Gorrow: I just read an update on Facebook by Shelly Klinger (Barbara's wife). She wrote, "Update on Barbara‘s progress: she is at St. Mary’s until at least tonight. The local pain and swelling have thankfully not progressed to any systematic involvement, labs and vital signs stable, no need for anti-venom. Good news overall, but it’s painful thank you for your good thoughts and prayers."

Edit: Even more good news; Barbara has been released from the hospital and is going home.
    1 hr ago Edited

Mike Adams and James Seyfried like this.