• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Rubber Chucky products

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
The rubber chucky products I have used do their jobs well.

I have been continually impressed with the new innovations in the rubber chucky lineup.
I have had the pleasure of knowing Don, the rubber chucky owner/inventor. Don is quite active with the Tri-County woodturners. Don was in my shop yesterday to test a new product. I try to be objective.
I have been using the cone(original) and sphere chuckys for over a year and they work great. The ones I have thread onto the oneway and powermatic centers or a morse taper from rubber chucky. The can be held in a 4 jaw chuck. This makes for a system that can adapt.
I use the big sphere for reversing bowls, two cones for holding a napkin ring,

I turn a fair number of spheres and do demos and workshops. In the workshops we use wooden chucks. Often students find it more challenging to make the chucks than turn the spheres. The sphere chucky lets people get to the sphere and it is alway true. Wooden chucks often need truing before use.

I use the vacuum seals and like them a lot. I'm also using a prototype vacuum chuck the Don is working on. I plan to use this in upcoming demos in Tampa and Colorado.
I have seen Don work his product line to high standards and he stands behind them.

Happy turning,
Al

I also have several different items from Don. I am very happy with them all. Met Don when he came to our meeting of the Michigan chapter of the IAP. He was visiting his friend (also a member) and introduced us to his products.
Ron

Back