1. Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Resin Casting

Discussion in 'Woodturning Discussion Forum' started by Jerry Lear, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Jerry Lear

Jerry Lear

Location (City & State):
    Baldwin, Maeyland
    I would like to try resin casting with pressure pot.I need some help on proper resin to choose along with any tips about procedure.Any how to books or articles would be helpful. Thanks, Jerry

2. Jerry Lear

Jerry Lear

Location (City & State):
    Baldwin, Maeyland
    just a bump

3. Ed Davidson

Ed Davidson

Location (City & State):
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Home Page:
  4. Richard Coers

Richard Coers

Location (City & State):
    Peoria, Illinois
    You give very few details. Different resins if you want to cast objects in the resin or just fill voids. Polyester resin shrinks, but plays better with things cast in it than Alumilite. Polyester resin is more brittle than Alumilite. This has been going on for years, days worth of information on youtube and forums.

5. Robin Thompson

Robin Thompson

Location (City & State):
    Sarnia, Ontario
    If you submerse wood in resin (I use Alumilite). Be absolutely sure the wood is dry. Alumilite and water do not go well together. The resin will bubble beyond belief and when you turn it the result will be incredibly pitted.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  6. Tom Albrecht

Tom Albrecht

Location (City & State):
    Evanston, IL USA